[Python-Dev] Moratorium on changes to IDLE

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 01:28:19 -0400

> > I'd like to put a stop to all changes to the version of IDLE in the
> > Python source tree (Tools/idle/* -- let's call it Python-idle).  The
> > current crop of changes are being merged into Idlefork, the separate
> > SF project where a new IDLE version is being cooked.
>
> Does Idlefork also require CVS Python?

Not yet, AFAIK, it requires 2.2.  A very small number of changes to
Python-idle could not be merged for that reason (e.g. mkstemp).  I'd
like to keep Idlefork working with 2.2 so there's a reasonable
potential user base for an Idlefork release.