[Python-Dev] Extension module difficulty w/pgen.

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
29 Sep 2002 23:06:55 +0200

Jonathan Riehl <jriehl@spaceship.com> writes:

> It seems to me that I should not have to use this workaround, which only
> works on one of the systems I use.  Does anyone have an idea as to what I
> should do now?

It appears that metagrammar.o is not needed in the Python executable,
that's why the linker does not fetch it from the library when building
Python.

As for pgen, the first question would be why you need metagrammar.o in
your extension module. Assuming there is a good reason to expose it,
you should arrange to

1. exclude metagrammar.o from libpython.a,
2. include it explicitly into as a source for building the pgen module.

HTH,
Martin