[Python-Dev] OT: Signal/noise ratio

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:22:43 -0400

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003, Ponce Dubuque wrote:

> Whatever the rules acribe, poor Mr Jiang has nonetheless done
> 'development' in Python. Perhaps you ought to consider re-naming the
> list. I am sure somewhere, someone has mislabeled a link saying that
> this is where one posts, when one does development in Python.

What name would we pick to clearly indicate this?  I am starting to
think that a better idea would be to make python-dev a closed list (only
subscribers may post), and have the subscription process include a
challenge/response with a code word embedded in the list rules.

If this capability isn't already in Mailman, I can think of several
mailing lists that could use this capability.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it intersects
with useful practice.  --Aahz, c.l.py, 2/4/2002