[Python-Dev] Unicode

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 21:09:07 +0200

Ponce Dubuque wrote:
> Whatever the rules acribe, poor Mr Jiang has nonetheless done 'development'
> in Python. Perhaps you ought to consider re-naming the list. I am sure
> somewhere, someone has mislabeled a link saying that this is where one
> posts, when one does development in Python.

Perhaps you could find these links and suggest fixing them ?

Python-Dev has always been a Python developer mailing list where
Python language development is discussed and managed. There are many
other lists out there which deal with development using Python.

> However, I do not wish for this suggestion to be the source of some great
> controversy. Everyone knows that trapping itself in such trifles is the
> reason why open-source most often gets nowhere.

I believe we've gone a looong way with Python :-) (even though these
discussions come up every now and then).

W/r to the subject, I suggest to start the Unicode discovery
tour with the Python PEP 100:

	http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0100.html

It has a list of references near the bottom which you can use to
bootstrap the quest.

Have fun,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 10 2003)
EuroPython 2003, Charleroi, Belgium:                        75 days left