[Python-Dev] migration away from SourceForge?

Martin v. Löwis martin@v.loewis.de
13 Apr 2003 09:37:31 +0200

Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com> writes:

> Is it time to think seriously about moving away from SourceForge?

Any proposal to move away from SourceForge should include a proposal
where to move *to*. I highly admire SourceForge operators for their
quality of service, and challenge anybody to provide the same quality
service. Be prepared to find yourself in a full-time job if you want
to take over.

SourceForge performance was *much* worse in the past, and we didn't
consider moving away, and SF fixed it by buying new hardware. Give
them some time.

Regards,
Martin