[Python-Dev] migration away from SourceForge?

Martin v. Löwis martin@v.loewis.de
15 Apr 2003 19:22:17 +0200

Ben Laurie <ben@algroup.co.uk> writes:

> Groovy. _Does_ anyone have any idea how much bandwidth your CVS chews?

To get some estimate, try to guess how many full downloads of the
entire Python tree you will get per day. As Gerhard explains, only SF
would know the numbers, but my guess is that incremental updates are
negligible compared to full downloads.

To draw some random number, I guess you should accomodate 20 full
downloads per day, with a complete download being 50MB (i.e. only the
dist/src part). Whether this number is close to reality, I don't know.

Regards,
Martin