[Python-Dev] Final PEP 311 run

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 12:34:37 +1000

[Tim]

> Some questions occurred while reading the PEP again,
> primarily are there any

To save space, the answer to all your questions are "it is ok", and "it must
avoid using the same handle - it must use its own".  I have updated the PEP
and the patch (primarily in the comments for the new functions) to hopefully
clarify this.

> > The only issue is the name of the API.
>
> If that's the only issue, check it in yesterday <0.9 wink>.

OK, I'm gunna hold that against you <wink>

Guido:
> How about PyGILState_Ensure() and PyGILState_Restore()?

Done!  I have checked in a new pep-311, and a new patch
(http://www.python.org/sf/684256).  So if Guido can formally pronounce on
pep-311, I will use those words against Tim and check it in!

Thanks,

Mark.