[Python-Dev] Hook Extension Module Import?

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 13:04:09 -0400

On Sun, Apr 20, 2003, David Abrahams wrote:
> Aahz <aahz@pythoncraft.com> writes:
>> On Sun, Apr 20, 2003, David Abrahams wrote:
>>>
>>> I think I need a way to temporarily (from 'C'), arrange to be notified
>>> just before and just after a new extension module is loaded.  Is this
>>> possible?  I didn't see anything obvious in the source.  BTW, I'd be
>>> just as happy if it were possible to do the same thing for any module
>>> (i.e., not discriminating between extension and pure python modules).
>>
>> http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0302.html
>
> I guess I should take that to mean "you can't do that yet" (?)

As the PEP says, you *could* define an __import__ hook, but that would
likely be more effort than you want.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

Why is this newsgroup different from all other newsgroups?