[Python-Dev] New thread death in test_bsddb3

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 19:18:22 -0400

[Mark Hammond]
> Actually, some guidance would be nice here.

It's easy this time.  BTW, I agree your new check is the right thing to do!
If another case like this pops up, though, we/you should probably add a
section to the PEP explaining what to do about it.

> Is this code (_bsddb.c) ever expected to again build under pre-trunk
> versions of Python, or can I remove the old thread-state management code?

The former:  the pybsddb project still exists and is used with older
versions of Python.  Barry mumbled something today at the office about
wanting to keep the C code in synch.

> ie, should my changes be or the style:
>
> #if defined(NEW_PYGILSTATE_API_EXISTS)
> // new 1 line of code