[Python-Dev] Cryptographic stuff for 2.3

Thu, 24 Apr 2003 08:38:02 -0400

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 10:36:56AM +0200, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>Here's a really nice graphical overview:
>   http://rechten.kub.nl/koops/cryptolaw/cls-sum.htm

Thanks for posting this link; very nice!

Guido wrote:
>Rotor should be deprecated regardless; I've never heard of someone
>using it.

Actually, back when Zope was Principia, products could be shipped as
encrypted .pyc's, and the rotor module was used to encrypt them.  It's
not relevant now, though.

I'll mark the deprecation patch as accepted and check it in.

--amk                                                    (www.amk.ca)
"Generic identifier" -- think about it too much and your head explodes.
      -- Sean McGrath at IPC7, discussing SGML terminology