[Python-Dev] why is test_socketserver in expected skips?

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:34:13 -0500

    >> test_socketserver seems to be in all the expected skip lists except
    >> for (oddly enough) os2emx.

    Guido> Probably because the os2emx port hasn't been updated in a while.

I guess I should have phrased my question differently.  Why is it on any
expected skip lists at all?  It seems to me that the 'network' resouce
requirement is sufficient to keep it from being run inappropriately.

    >> def requires(resource, msg=None):
    >>   # see if the caller's module is __main__ - if so, treat as if
    >>   # the resource was set
    >> Someone please shout if the above not-quite-obvious code doesn't look
    >> correct.

    Guido> Looks good to me; I've thought of this myself occasionally.
    Guido> Please also update the README file for testing to mention this
    Guido> detail!

Thanks, I'll tuck it into CVS later today.

Skip