[Python-Dev] Re: test_getargs2 failures (was: vacation)

Thomas Heller theller@python.net
24 Apr 2003 18:24:48 +0200

Neal Norwitz <neal@metaslash.com> writes:

> I think getargs_ul() is broken.  For example, if the user passes more
> than a single char as the format, memory will be scribbled on.  The
> format should be checked to make sure it contains acceptable values
> for getargs_ul() to be safe.
>
> I fixed a similar problem in revision 1.23 of _testcapimodule.c.
> See comment and code around line 330.

I've replaced the getargs_ul() function and friends with new getargs_X()
functions for all the tested format codes.
I've also adapted test_getargs2 to use these new functions.

Skip and Jack have offered to test this, anyone else is welcome as well
to report crashes.

Thomas