[Python-Dev] When is it okay to ``cvs remove``?

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 23:32:07 -0400

[Barry Warsaw]
> I know Guido doesn't care, but I like to have the file major revision
> numbers match the s/w's major rev number.  Really, I just hate to see
> huge minor revision numbers on files.

Good news:  I'm living proof that you can learn to ignore that files *have*
CVS revision numbers.  If you need a milestone marker, apply a tag.

> I hate it as much as I hate to hear Tim's tummy rumbling, right around
> noon.

Lucky for both of us that my lunch admin almost never lets that happen
anymore.  If I could remember his name, I'd recommend him to you.