[Python-Dev] Failin tests on Windows

Brett Cannon drifty@alum.berkeley.edu
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:17:52 -0700 (PDT)

[Guido van Rossum]

> > test_urllib.py is crashing on my fresh WinMe build:
> >
> > test_fileno (__main__.urlopen_FileTests) ... FAIL
> > test_iter (__main__.urlopen_FileTests) ... FAIL
> > test_read (__main__.urlopen_FileTests) ... FAIL
> > test_readline (__main__.urlopen_FileTests) ... FAIL
> > test_readlines (__main__.urlopen_FileTests) ... FAIL
>
> Should be fixed now -- I'm writing the file with test data in binary
> mode.

Didn't even think of that problem when I wrote the tests.  Should I patch
the docs for urllib (again  =)  to say that files are open in binary?  I
know I wasn't expecting urllib to open in binary mode for a local text
file.

Thanks for fixing this, Guido.  I think I am going to do a self-imposed
"no checkins within 24 hours of a planned release" rule.

-Brett