[Python-Dev] proposed amendments to PEP 1

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 07:54:23 -0400

> There's some truth to that.  OTOH, until the BDFL declares something
> to be an ex-PEP, I don't think BDFL rejection of a PEP means that it
> is forever dead -- it just requires substantial revision to
> resurrect it.  The point of PEPs is to prevent rehashing of old
> subjects in the same way, not to prevent new ideas from restarting
> discussions.

In general, it's better to create a new PEP if you have a new idea.
The only reason to revive a rejected PEP would be if the reason for
rejecting the specific idea put forth in the PEP becomes invalid.  A
PEP should propose a specific solution.