[Python-Dev] Looking for a couple Emacs Lisp helper/guru types

Barry Warsaw barry@python.org
01 Aug 2003 08:49:15 -0400

On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 00:40, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> Barry & Ken have run completely out of round tuits on which are written
> "python-mode".  I believe Barry indicated privately that he is going to set
> up a SF project to allow other folks to contribute (maybe he's just going to
> give Python CVS developer privileges to anyone, he may be just that giddy
> after the 2.3 release).

Heh, all it takes is a $10k donation to the PSF.  Or you can make the
checks out to me, if you prefer.  Sshhhh!  Don't tell Guido!

Naw, seriously.  I have created a SF project for python-mode development
and about all I've done so far is to make Skip and Ken co-admins.  I'd
like to move python-mode.el to its CVS (and probably "disable" updates
to Misc/python-mode.el) but I won't have time for that today.  Skip's
been making some checkins to python-mode.el, so he can feel free to set
up the SF project's CVS <wink>.

As far as I'm concerned, anybody who wants check-in privileges on the
python-mode project <http://sf.net/projects/python-mode> is welcome to
it, although I'd hope we'd still discuss some of the controversial or
bigger changes on some mailing list.  To that effect, there is currently
a python-mode@python.org alias which just goes to me and Ken right now.
I'm willing to turn that into a Mailman list and use that as the main
focal point for mode development.

-Barry