[Python-Dev] Stack frames

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Sat, 02 Aug 2003 00:49:27 +0200

Martin v. L=F6wis wrote:
> "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com> writes:
>=20
>>>I recommend to use thread-local variables.
>>
>>Thanks, but that only works in multi-threaded environments where
>>you process each call in a different thread. This application is
>>single-threaded (even though it may turn into a multi-threaded
>>one at some later stage).
>=20
> That is not true. In the single-threaded case, just use global
> variables.

... and then manage access to these global variables ? No thanks.
I always try to keep global state in objects so that a later
transition to a multi-threaded application remains easily
possible.

I'll stick with my solution for the time being.

--=20
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Aug 02 2003)