[Python-Dev] Python 2.3 maintenance branch is now open

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Aug 5 13:31:08 EDT 2003

Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> writes:

> Jack turned over the release23-branch branch to me so I was able to
> create the Python 2.3 maintenance branch.  Here's what I did:
>
> - checked out release23-fork
> - cvs tag -b release23-maint
> - cvs up -rrelease23-maint
> - cvs up -j release23-branch
> - cvs commit
>
> IOW, I basically branched release23-maint off of the release23-fork tag
> on the trunk, then I merged all the changes in the release23-branch to
> the release23-maint.

Here's a recipe I use for branches that others might find useful:

$ cd ~/src/python/dist/
$ cvs co -d src-23x -r release23-maint python/dist/src
(This creates -- eventually -- a src-23x directory alongside the src
directory which contains the trunk)

Then hack CVS/Entries to contain a line

D/src-23x////

Now running cvs up in python/dist/ will update both the trunk and the
release23-maint code (and in my case release22-maint, too).

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Just point your web browser at http://www.python.org/search/ and
  look for "program", "doesn't", "work", or "my". Whenever you find