[Python-Dev] Py2.3.1

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Aug 17 17:00:34 EDT 2003

On Sun, Aug 17, 2003, Raymond Hettinger wrote:

> Is it still the plan to have to rapid schedule for the
> first bugfix release (perhaps in early September)?
>
> I think it will increase the acceptance of 2.3 and help
> it to be viewed as stabilized .

While I think this is a Good Idea, to my knowledge there isn't any
particular driver for a speedy release.  I also haven't heard that many
of the bugs considered important/critical for 2.3.1 have been fixed;
generally speaking, a patch release tends to be a collection of
available fixes rather than driving the bugfix process.

This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it intersects
with useful practice.  --Aahz