[Python-Dev] Berkeley breakage

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Tue Aug 19 10:07:13 EDT 2003

On Tue, 18 Aug 2003, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> A quick scan of the 3.3.11 patches doesn't indicate anything that would
> fix the reported problems.  In the dim recesses of my memory, I recall
> similar unexplainable corruptions and core dumps when using 3.3.11.

Before the 2.3 release, I was testing all of 3.3.11, 4.0.14 and 4.1.25
builds of bsddb3 on FreeBSD.  The 3.3.11 build always coredumps in the
same place in regression test, while both 4.0.14 & 4.1.25 complete the
test.

I didn't have time to pursue the problem to see whether it was the FreeBSD
build of DB 3.3.11 was the problem.  I also forgot to file a bug report
about the fact that the bsddb3 regression test doesn't clean out the DB
environment it uses before getting down to business - a crash leaving
environment info around (which is useful for debugging) screws a
subsequent test run.

Regards,
Andrew.

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  (pref) | Snail: PO Box 370