[Python-Dev] Py2.3.1

logistix logistix at cathoderaymission.net
Wed Aug 27 12:01:06 EDT 2003

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> Thomas Heller writes:
>  > Even nicer would be context-sensitive keyword help, but it seems IDLE
>  > doesn't support it, right?
>
> Not currently, but part of the reason is that the Python docs don't
> really expose the necessary information to support that.  I've started
> working on that in a branch of the Doc/ tree, but haven't had a lot of
> time to work on it lately.
>

>   -Fred

I don't know if this will help, I wrote a utility class for PyXR that
manages to harvest links for about
80-90% of builtin functions and standard modules from the HTML docs.  I
originally tried to look at the latex sources directly, but that proved to
be too complex.  It takes
a callback fucntion that receives a scope-tuple and appropriate url. Like:

('map',), "http://dsdfsdfs"
('socket', 'socket'), "http://dsfsdf"

Its in the htmlCrawler.py file in the PyXR dist at:

http://tinyurl.com/ld34

OR you can view the PyXR'ed source (with a description of my assumptions)
at:

http://tinyurl.com/ld2z

-Grant