[Python-Dev] readline.clear_history()

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Aug 28 13:18:39 EDT 2003

Alex Martelli <aleaxit at yahoo.com> writes:

> On Thursday 28 August 2003 01:28 am, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>> > Hmmm...  that makes me think of tests...  I guess I won't really be able
>> > to supply a test for the feature, since that would just be testing
>> > whether the feature is available.
>> For interactive stuff like this, absence of unit tests is acceptable.
> pexpect (or rebuilding some of its functionality on top of raw pty)
> should allow unit tests of textmode interactive stuff, though -- in
> theory, at least.

I suspect this approach would find more out about bugs in the pty
implementations of old versions of Solaris than anything to do with

  ... but I guess there are some things that are so gross you just have
  to forget, or it'll destroy something within you.  perl is the first
  such thing I have known.              -- Erik Naggum, comp.lang.lisp