[Python-Dev] Re: Unassigned SF bugs that could be closed

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Aug 29 17:42:56 EDT 2003

"Christos Georgiou" <tzot at sil-tec.gr> wrote in message
news:20030829102230.E067A4635D at artemis.sil-tec.gr...
> 794658
> os.chmod docs don't say that S_IRUSR, etc, are in stat modul
> - A patch has been offered
etc

> I believe this is my first message to python-dev; I generally
> have abstained from posting (although I lurk for quite some
> time), because my free time is very little (and not on a
> regular schedule) and my contributions come in sporadic
> bursts, so I can't help as much as I would like to.
>
> This message is related to Raymond's call for help (otherwise
> there would be only comments in SF).

Bugs can be closed by the either priviliged (and busy) developers or
by the original submitter.  Any comments added are automatically sent
to the submitter.  When I am sure a bug should be closed by the
submitter (without further action), I have occasionally added a
diplomatic note explaining why and with a request something like
"Unless you disagree, could you close this?  I can't."   When you feel
bold enough, you could try this also.

Terry J. Reedy