[Python-Dev] release23-maint branch CLOSED for release (was Re: 2.3.3 cycle)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Thu Dec 4 22:32:42 EST 2003

Kurt B. Kaiser writes:
 > I notice there are a number of version updates you guys are making
 > which aren't in the PEPs.  Do you want me to work up a patch?

Which changes in particular?  I think the version updates in Doc/
aren't in the PEP anymore because they're no longer needed on the
trunk.  I don't know about the rest of the changes.

I'd be more interested in problems making a trunk release based on the
PEPs than a branch release, but it's probably worth noting the
differences in a separate section.

 > Second, the PEPs talk about "rc" release id's but you are all using
 > "c".  Do you want that included in the patch?

This would be good.  The "c" is for "candidate", which is intended to
sort before "final".

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>