[Python-Dev] are CObjects inherently unsafe?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Dec 8 05:02:32 EST 2003

Greg Ewing <greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz> writes:

> Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net>:
>
>> Why a void* then?  That's particularly unassertive.  char* would be
>> better, surely...
>
> A string isn't the only thing that could usefully be used
> as a descriptor.

What else would you consider useful?  I'm only really aware of the
most straightforward uses of CObjects (and wonder if the advanced uses
actually see much use...).

Cheers,
mhw

--
  Just point your web browser at http://www.python.org/search/ and
  look for "program", "doesn't", "work", or "my". Whenever you find