[Python-Dev] new module proposal: daemonize

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Dec 11 18:34:38 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 18:16, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> I think the only real complaint I have about the package is that the
> command-line processing module (zdaemon.zdoptions) shouldn't be part
> of the package, but should be somewhere else.  That shouldn't be hard
> to achieve, though.

I've been trying to use Greg's optparse package (new in 2.3) on some
other ZC projects, and for the most part I like it.  It has a different
rhythm than getopt, but has some nice properties over what I had been
doing, especially I suspect for i18n'd help.

I have a few minor quibbles, nits, and bug reports on it, but I'm sold
enough to be converting all my getopt-based option parsing over to it
for Mailman3.

Does zdoptions provide anything that isn't already in supported in
optparse?

-Barry