[Python-Dev] New module proposal: timelib

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Sat Dec 13 12:42:09 EST 2003

Keith Dart wrote:
> Attached is a module that I call timelib that extends the standard time
> module. This module allows easier time manipulation with a mutable time
> object, and provides some extra utility functions.
>
> Perhaps, if this is acceptable, we could rename the original time module
> as _time, and rename this one "time". It is backwards compatible with
> the original time module.

Do you know the datetime module and PEP 0321?

The datetime module was introduced in Python 2.3 and provides OO access
to date and time calculations.

PEP 0321 proposes a number of extensions to it. A few weeks ago, c.l.py
carried a discussion on PEP 0321.

yours,
Gerrit Holl (not a Python-developer, lacking skills ;).

--
208. If he was a freed man, he shall pay one-third of a mina.
          -- 1780 BC, Hammurabi, Code of Law