[Python-Dev] Re: Christmas Wishlist

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Dec 15 09:56:49 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-14 at 17:05, Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> V. a join() builtin (join(x,s) becomes s.join(x)).  All of the common sep.join()
> use cases read better without the string literal prefix.

Really?  I predict everlasting confusion on argument order.  It's not
obvious from the method name whether the joining separator comes first
or second.

My wish list:

V <wink>. Explicit global imports.  I want a way to spell "import this
from the global standard library even if there's a this.py  in the local
directory".

VI. PEP 318 or something like it.

-Barry