[Python-Dev] Please tell me where I can submit bug reports....

Martin v. Löwis martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Dec 15 09:59:42 EST 2003

JD <lists at webcrunchers.com> writes:

> Running this under OpenBSD 3.2. Then, where should I submit my core
> dump (if anywhere?)?

You should submit bug reports to sf.net/projects/python, and provide a
link to the core dump on a server of your control (as SF has a limit
on file upload size).

Please understand that several months, or even years, may pass until
such a bug report is looked at, so if you actually need this to work,
you will have to investigate it in more detail.

On Unix, Python is, by default, compiled with symbols if the compiler
is gcc. To find out why gdb does not see symbols, you should post a
few lines of make output, showing typical compiler and linker
invocations.

Regards,
Martin