[Python-Dev] Pie-thon benchmarks

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Dec 15 11:17:02 EST 2003

"Tim Peters" <tim.one at comcast.net> writes:

> [Michael Hudson]
>> If something important -- like a pieing <wink> -- depends on it, and
>> the ints are long enough, it's not that hard to do better than
>> Karatsuba multiplication...
>
> "Not that hard" depends on your background.

Granted, but while my background is maths it's not numerics and I know
where to find descriptions and implementations of complexity-wise
better algorithms.  Using them is just a matter of engineering, right?
<wink>

> The idea is to bury Dan under esoteric algorithms from a huge number
> of obscure specialties <wink>.

Now there's a plan!  Let's see, how do we do that?  Excessive use of
dicts, unicode esoterica and multiple inheritance seems like a good
start.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Its unmanageable complexity has spawned more fear-preventing tools
  than any other language, but the solution _should_ have been to