[Python-Dev] Relative import

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Thu Dec 18 16:45:54 EST 2003

I am +10e6 on disambiguating imports.

I am +0 on "scan".

I am +0.01 on "explicit relative".

I can live with any syntax Guido can, so I'm just voting on
functionality.

The use cases for "ambiguous" imports amount to:
1) I use this cool package, but I'm too lazy to keep up with
    new releases or document the release required & ensure
    that it's available & further I'm so arrogant that I don't care
    that my users might run into problems having 2 copies of
    the code or that the package developer might be offended
    by my end run.
2) I structured my package wrong, and now I want to fix
    it with the mouse.

I'm not sure I go as far as Tim, but I think perhaps the PSU
should have a regulation about writing import hooks without
a license.

-- Gordon
http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/