[Python-Dev] Fixes for imageop module

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri Dec 26 17:49:43 EST 2003

> I have some fixes for the imageop module to make it work on systems with
> a different byte-order than IRIX (e.g. Linux).  Shall I check them in or
> is it not worth it for such an old module?  Anything else that needs to
> be changed when I check this in?
> The fixes of course will result in different results on Linux than
> before, so that's the main reason for asking.

I don't see imageop in the list of deprecated modules in PEP 4, and
apparently *you* are still using it, so as long as you don't mind
being potentially the sole maintainer and user, I don't mind these
being in the distribution.

What do you mean by different results on Linux?  Was this module
previously doing something bogus there?