[Python-Dev] Acquire/release functionality (Was: Extended Functionsyntax)

Moore, Paul Paul.Moore@atosorigin.com
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:54:41 -0000

From: Walter D=F6rwald [mailto:walter@livinglogic.de]
> A use case I can think of is some kind of XML DOM API (Ruby
> does something like that with it's cgi module, where node
> content is created inside a block).
[...]

OK, I see this. I don't personally have much of a need for it,
but that's beside the point. The proposed with syntax isn't
going to cover this (obviously), so I'd suggest that the
discussion on thunks concentrate on how they might handle the
two cases of properties and this XML use.

At least, that's what I'd like to see in order to get a better
idea of how the thunk discussion is heading :-)

Paul.