trying times [Python-Dev] thunks

Samuele Pedroni pedronis@bluewin.ch
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 22:51:05 +0100

From: "Guido van Rossum" <guido@python.org>
> > these are trying times:
> >
> > http://online.effbot.org/2003_02_01_archive.htm#python-dev
>
> What a shame.
>
> Fredrik has been absent in spirit for a long time.  When was the last
> time he participated in any kind of technical discussion, blue-sky or
> other?  All we've heard from him recently were the occasional snide
> remark aimed at new visitors who violate the unspoken code of behavior
> here.  I haven't seen him fix any SRE bugs either, SF bugs assigned to
> him for ages notwithstanding.

Whatever, I have re-read my recent posts: I have posted too much and repeated
myself a bit, I don't think I have posted too much garbage. On the other  hand
it is such unexplored territory that it is hard to second-guess you. And the
discussion was sometimes very unfocused.

I think that people should have at least some kind of conceptual model or impl
idea of what they are talking about, unless it's you who are brainstorming.
Otherwise the other should invent it for them and it is basically working from
scratch and guess-work.

I hope people know they should do their homework or S/N suffers, OTOH sometimes
people are bad at judging themselves [apply recursively to the post].

I read comp.lang.lisp, I'm open-minded about snide remarks.