[Python-Dev] BUILDEXE erroneously empty on 2.2.2 for Mac OS X?

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Wed, 05 Feb 2003 13:44:46 +0000

Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com> writes:

> I just wiped my maint22 directory clean, did a cvs up, configure and make on
> my Mac OS X machine.  BUILDEXE got set to the empty string, so the link step
> for the interpreter failed.  Is this a known problem?  I haven't rebuilt
> 2.2.2 in awhile (since October).  This was a vanilla Unix build, nothing
> fancy.

I don't think the case-sensitive file-system chack has ever made it to
the 22-maint branch.  Feel free to backport it, but notice that
22-maint still uses autoconf 2.13 (I /suspect/ this is why it hasn't
happened before).

Cheers,
M.

--
  Q: Isn't it okay to just read Slashdot for the links?
  A: No. Reading Slashdot for the links is like having "just one hit"