[Python-Dev] With statement

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Wed, 05 Feb 2003 17:34:30 +0000

Oren Tirosh <oren-py-d@hishome.net> writes:

> Umm... after reading this sentence a few times, I am still not sure what
> information it conveys to me about your opinion of the idea.
>
> Was that a +1, +0, -0 or -1?

-IDONTCAREVERYMUCH, I think.

Reading I-don't-know-how-many-hundred posts on this kind of topic is
starting to get to me.  You might want to try asking me next week.

>> 2) Without the ability to define a scope at will, RAiI becomes less useful.
>
> local f=open('sdaskdfjhaslk')
> del l

But then you probably want a try/finally block... oh hang on, the
frame in the traceback structure will hold a reference.  I think that
kills it, YMMV.

Cheers,
M.

--
  The gripping hand is really that there are morons everywhere, it's
  just that the Americon morons are funnier than average.