[Python-Dev] I have something I'd like to use the farm for.

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Wed, 05 Feb 2003 17:43:54 +0000

that has been posted to gmane.comp.python.snake-farm.user as well.

Ages ago, I wrote and checked in a patch that added sigprocmask() and
so on to the signal module.

This broke in a variety of exciting ways on a variety of platforms[1],
and after a while I just disabled the code in configure that checks
for sigprocmask.  The code, docs and tests are still there.

Clearly before 2.3, this needs to be sorted out: either we need to
find out which platforms it has a hope in hell of working on and
enable it there, or we need to rip it out.

Would it be possible to test this out on the snake farm's systems?
It's not suited to automated testing as various platforms breakage
involved hanging.

Cheers,
M.

PS: off home now, so I won't be responding to replies until tomorrow
unless you're really fast.

[1] or in one case, broke the platform: FreeBSD's behaviour got deemed
    a bug in FreeBSD itself.

--
  Every day I send overnight packages filled with rabid weasels to
  people who use frames for no good reason.