[Python-Dev] Changing SF tracker email preferences

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 13:53:01 -0500

[Guido]
> But...  when anything is changed or added to those trackers, an email
> is *also* sent to those lists.
>
> I would like to receive the first kind of traffic (new tracker issues)
> but not the second kind, except for those tracker issues in which I am
> interested (which I can get by explicit turning on monitoring of those
> issues, or by following up).
>
> The SF tracker admin has an option to allow this: all I have to do is
> uncheck the box that says "Send email on all changes".  I would really
> like to do this.
>
> Would anybody who is currently receiving bugs or patches traffic be
> bothered if I made this change?

I sure would.  At least 3/4ths of the comments I add to tracker items are
spurred by reading the topmost (most recent) comment in one of these "extra"
emails.  Sometimes they're tracker items I'm following anyway, but often
they're not.