[Python-Dev] import curdir,pardir,sep,pathsep,defpath from relevant *path module

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:56:50 +0000

Jeff Epler <jepler@unpythonic.net> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 11:13:25AM +0000, Michael Hudson wrote:
>> I know Guido's squashed the idea, but how would you issue a warning on
>> use of a module level global?
>
> You could arrange to have a subclass of module that warns in
> __getattribute__:

Well, yeah, but that's sick :-)

Slightly more seriously, I would hope that a suggestion we use such
import trickery on as fundamental a module as 'os' would be DOA.

Cheers,
M.

--
  Of the four project development variables - scope, cost, time and
  quality - quality isn't really a free variable.  The only possible