[Python-Dev] Package Install Manager for Python

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:01:30 +0100

On Monday, Feb 17, 2003, at 09:42 Europe/Amsterdam, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> Jack, please change the name of that module before it's too
> late. Something like pkgman would much better fit the purpose
> (or packman if you feel that it should be a funny name ;-).

Hmm, you're the second person to state that the name pimp isn't a good
idea.
I tend to like names with a bit of a joke in them, and there's more
Python-related names that do this (idle, piddle).

Does anyone else have an opinion on the matter?
Goldman