[Python-Dev] Package Install Manager for Python

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 23:59:04 +0100

Brett Cannon wrote:
> [M.-A. Lemburg]
>
>>Brett Cannon wrote:
>>
>>>+1 on pimp.
>>
>>I am surprised. piddle and idle are OK, since they are harmless,
>>but I do believe that getting Python packages via a "pimp" is a
>>bit over the top.
>
> I just don't view it as that insulting.  In America it has become a slang
> term to mean something is cool; "That's so pimp!"

I don't think that's going to fly... just think of a
user manual: "Please use the pimp for your platform to
download piddle from the Internet. After successful
operation, click on idle to start off into working mode."

Must be a cultural thing...
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Feb 17 2003)
Python UK 2003, Oxford:                                     43 days left
EuroPython 2003, Charleroi, Belgium:                       127 days left