[Python-Dev] various unix platform build/test issues
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 23:57:57 -0500
It ain't real pretty, but it could be worse:
I'm trying to commit changes to the logging package, but SF has a
stale CVS lock for anoncvs_python. I filed a support request.
Hopefully they will have it fixed within a month or two, at least by
the time 2.3 is ready to be released. I don't know if the updates are
supposed to fix the test hangs/failures for test_logging.
Here's the problem highlights (there are more, follow the link):
* There are 3 64-bit issues:
* test_pty hangs on 3 platforms, possible fix:
* test_resource can fail when filesize is limited
* iconv module calls PyFatalError() if the C module initialization
fails, is there a better way to handle this? I had to
disable building iconv on AIX.
* AIX sorts numbers and strings in a different order than Linux:
>>> 'ick' >= 0 # Linux
>>> 'ick' >= 0 # AIX
This causes failures for test_descrtut and test_random.
I don't expect to get these taken care of for 2.3a2 assuming
it's released tomorrow. It would be nice to have most of
the platforms clean for the beta.