[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src configure,1.279.6.17,1.279.6.18 configure.in,1.288.6.17,1.288.6.18

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:20:50 +0100

Neil Schemenauer wrote:
> nnorwitz@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
>
>>Need to make sure that preprocessor directives start in first column.
>>This means we can't indent code which has preprocessor directives,
>>nor have a space between [ #include for example.
>
> What does the C standard say about this?  I'm curious.

No idea, but emacs mode is pretty clear on this: you don't get
syntax highlighting when moving the # beyond column 1.

What I usually do is to indent the directive after the #:

#ifdef MX_BUILDING_MXDATETIME
# define MXDATETIME_EXTERNALIZE MX_EXPORT
#else
# define MXDATETIME_EXTERNALIZE MX_IMPORT
#endif

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Feb 24 2003)
Python UK 2003, Oxford:                                     36 days left
EuroPython 2003, Charleroi, Belgium:                       120 days left