[Python-Dev] Traceback problem

Kevin Jacobs jacobs@penguin.theopalgroup.com
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:24:35 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Christian Tismer wrote:
> Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > I'm going with exc_clear(), since 'clearing' seems to be the verb
> > most people are using when talking about the action it performed.
>
> I agree. clear is in fact better than reset, since there
> is no exception resetted to something, but it is cleared
> away.
>
> >>I ask only because I usually submit bug fixes and minor changes, and am not
> >>familar enough with this part of the Python development culture.
>
> Great, Kevin, that you are implementing this. I was already
> starting, but this is fine, if I can save some time.

I've uploaded a patch to SF:

  http://www.python.org/sf/693195

It turns out that ceval.c:reset_exc_info was a red herring and did not do
what we wanted.  Luckily, the correct behavior is fairly trivial (although
the interaction between set_exc_info and reset_exc_info had me seeing
cross-eyed for a few minutes).

-Kevin

Kevin Jacobs
The OPAL Group - Enterprise Systems Architect
Voice: (216) 986-0710 x 19         E-mail: jacobs@theopalgroup.com
Fax:   (216) 986-0714              WWW:    http://www.theopalgroup.com