[Python-Dev] Re: module extension search order - can it be changed?

Chermside, Michael mchermside@ingdirect.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:04:25 -0500

> > > Speaking entirely from a point of ignorance, why are the source =
line #s=20
> > > not shown for frames that are implemented in modules loaded from=20
> > > zipimport?
> >=20
> > Because the code printing the tracebacks doesn't know how to look
> > inside a zip file.
>=20
> Maybe, if the source file can't be found, it could
> decompile the bytecode?

Too clever by far. The peculiar way in which the comments disappear,
the fact that the code is wrong when I used a (so-far-non-existent)
peephole optimizer to optimize my .pyc files... I'd rather show NO
line (so long as we still give file and line number) than try to
guess in an overly clever manner.

-- Michael Chermside