[Python-Dev] PEP 297: Support for System Upgrades

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 06 Jan 2003 14:33:33 +0100

Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     GvR> Excellent point.
>
>     GvR> Or a micro-release should clear out the system-packages
>     GvR> directory.
>
> The only reason I'd rather not do that is so that if a package still
> needs an update for the new Python micro release, a sysadmin could at
> least copy the package over from one version to the next.

+1

Ok, then, let's call the dir "site-upgrades-<pyversion>" with
<pyversion> being major.minor.patchlevel.

It seems that only site.py needs to be changed. Hmm, but
what happens if someone invokes Python with -S (don't load
site.py) ?

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH