[Python-Dev] Directories w/ spaces - pita

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 22:09:39 -0500

On 03 January 2003, Skip Montanaro said:
> For example, on my Mac OS X system, building creates these two
> directories:
>
>     ./build/lib.darwin-6.3-Power Macintosh-2.3
>     ./build/temp.darwin-6.3-Power Macintosh-2.3
>
> I assume this is a configure thing, accepting the output of uname -m without
> further processing.

No, it's a distutils thing -- the code to change is get_platform() in
Lib/distutils/util.py.  Should probably munge *all* the strings returned
by os.uname() to remove characters that don't belong on filenames.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@python.net>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
I am NOT a nut....