[Python-Dev] Misc. warnings

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 11:00:48 +0100

Skip Montanaro wrote:
>     mal> test_bsddb3 skipped -- Use of the `bsddb' resource not enabled
>
> Where are the libdb include files and libraries installed on SuSE?  If
> you've got 'em it's easy to update setup.py.

Hmm, I do have them, but they point to DB 4.0.14. Now the
_bsddb.c source file indicates that it should support this
version.

I'll have to do some more investigation.

>     mal> test_ossaudiodev skipped -- No module named ossaudiodev
>
> I noticed this the other day on my Mandrake system.  I guess some underlying
> library is missing or installed in an unexpected place.

Guido and Greg cleared this bit up: the module is being built,
so the failure is expected ;-)

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH