[Python-Dev] Re: Extension modules, Threading, and the GIL

Martin v. Löwis martin@v.loewis.de
10 Jan 2003 10:39:06 +0100

David Abrahams <dave@boost-consulting.com> writes:

> We also have a TSS implementation in the Boost.Threads library.  I
> haven't looked at the ACE code myself, but I've heard that every
> component depends on many others, so it might be easier to extract
> useful information from the Boost implementation.

Without looking at either Boost or ACE, I would guess that neither
will help much: We would be looking for TLS support for AtheOS, BeOS,
cthreads, lwp, OS/2, GNU pth, Solaris threads, SGI threads, and Win
CE.  I somewhat doubt that either Boost or ACE aim for such a wide
coverage.

Regards,
Martin