[Python-Dev] Parallel pyc construction

Kevin Altis altis@semi-retired.com
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:54:45 -0800

I hadn't considered the option of not making .pyc files, though I've
complained about .pyo files in the past with distutils, but now compilation
is optional there. The .pyc and .pyo files certainly clutter a directory. If
there is no significant performance improvement for loading and using .pyc
files or the difference is only significant for large files or certain code
constructs, maybe they shouldn't be automatically created. I guess this is
another area for test cases.

ka